This new playlist is devoted to Belgian artists, or artists who have strong roots in Belgium.
You will hear gipsy jazz, swing, dixie, big band, musette,… These tracks have been transferred straight from original 78 rpm records. The sound quality depends on condition and era of production. The records on the Belgian label Rythme released during WWII, for example, are not of the same quality soundwise as, let’s say, records pressed for Decca in the 1950s. But they hold some great music and should not be omitted.
TRACKLIST & INFO
2. Chas Dolne’s Swingtette – Runnin’ Wild (Decca – 9011, 1941)
-> With David Bee on harp.
4. Hubert Rostaing & Stan Brenders Et Son Grande Orchestre De Danse – Bal Du Rythme (Rythme – D 5022, 1942)
-> Stan Brenders: jazz in Belgium
-> Hubert Rostaing was a French clarinetist and tenor saxophonist: wiki (in English) & wiki (in French)
6. Albert De Cock Et Son Orchestre – Pietje Swing’s Verjaardag (Jazz Club – 4226)
7. Jeff De Boeck And His Rick And Tickers – Blauwe Ogen (Omega – 22.208, 1954)
8. Billy Desmedt – My Yiddishe Momme (Decca – 21.540, 1951)
-> with Toots Thielemans on harmonica: wiki
9. The Bob Shots – Pastel Blue (Nixa – BY.1172, 1949)
-> That 78s Show
10. Rudy Bruder – Gershwin Souvenir (Victory – 9008)
13. Albert Langue And The Dixie Stompers – Clarinet Marmelade (Victory – 11070, 1957)
-> Info on Albert Langue: here (in French)